- I believe that there is only one eternal God in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, in accordance with the Christian statement of faith (The Apostles' Creed):
“I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; he descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again; he ascended into heaven, he is seated at the right hand of the Father, and he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy universal Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.”
- I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and Lord. In repentance, I received from him forgiveness of sins and a new, eternal life. (Mk 16:16, Jn 3:16, Rom 10:9, 1 Jn 5:11-13).
Upon the confession of my faith I have been baptised in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Mat 28:19-20, Acts 2:38).
I open my heart to the Holy Spirit and I want to be led by him (Acts 1:8,
Rom 8:14, Gal 4:6, 5:16, Eph 5:18).
- I believe that the Bible, both the Old Testament and the New Testament, is the inspired Word of God by the Holy Spirit, and that it is the binding authority for the church (2 Tim 3:16-17, 2 Pt 1:20-21, Jn 17:17).
- In faith, though prayer, I have received certainty that I am a child of God and belong to God's family (Jn 1:12, Eph 2:19). I want to love and pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ, help them bear their burdens, and receive mutual admonition (1 Thes 5:11, 1 Jn 4:7,11-12, Gal 6:1-5).
I believe that the church is the body of Christ, part of which I belong. I want to actively participate in the life of my congregation, both by attendance of common gatherings, and by specific service with the gifts I have received – or will receive – from the Lord (Heb 10:25, Rom 12:3-8, 1 Cor 12, Eph 4:11-16).
I want to support my congregation financially (1 Cor 16:1-2, Mal 3:10, Heb 13:16).
- I accept the pastor and the elders as those whom the Lord has commissioned for this service. I will not let anything disturb our relationship. I would like to pray for them with love and accept their leadership. I want to share openly with them everything that concerns the life and the service of the congregation (1 Thes 5:12-13, 1 Tim 5:17-20, Heb 13:17).